vegetables | pineapple, potato and roasted red pepper salsa salad
This is a beautiful, refreshing, sweet, juicy and easy dish to make.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- ½ fresh pineapple or small can of pineapple, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped spring onion or finely sliced red onion
- ½ tsp finely chopped red chilli
- 1 red pepper chopped into small cubes or roasted in strips.
- 2-3 inches cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped into cubes
- Baby potatoes
- Mixed salad leaves
- Squeeze lime juice
- Dessert spoon oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- Dessert spoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 inch stem ginger, finely chopped
- Mix the pineapple, chilli, spring onion, pepper and cucumber in a bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients, shake well and stir into the pineapple mixture, cover and leave at room temperature for an hour - if you have time.
- Roast the peppers in a little oil for 15-20 minutes, or simply chop them into cubes.
- Boil the potatoes until cooked - 10-15 minutes, depending on the potato type and size. Drain and leave to cool a little.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a lovely big bowl and make sure all the ingredients are coated.
Maybe serve with...
You could serve this with the minted sugar snap peas or minted courgette cubes and more salad items or vegetables.
For those able to eat wheat...
Serve with freshly baked rolls, poppy seed rolls or some lovely olive ciabattas.
If you have stem ginger, lime, red peppers, spring onions and chilli left over, see the pepper and mango boats. If you have stem ginger left over, see the Moroccan-style vegetable tagine and the mini no-bake 'cheesecake'. If you want to use up the tamari, chilli and red pepper, see the bean chilli.
Copyright ©2005-2009 Dame Fandango Healthy Inclusive Recipes
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes