vegetables | mini mountains of mashed potato topped with roast Mediterranean vegetables and quick mint dressing
This is yummy! Quick and easy comfort food, but somehow much more healthy!
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- 2-3 baking sized potatoes, or one baking potato and one sweet potato.
- 3-4 medium tomatoes/pack of vine tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced into quarters, then roughly split into chunks of layers
- ½ red pepper chopped into ½ inch (1½ cm) type strips
- ½ yellow pepper chopped as above
- ½ orange pepper chopped as above (or 1½ peppers of some sort)
- 1 courgette chopped into slices
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1- 2 tbsp rice milk
- 1 dessert spoon of oil
- 1 dessert spoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mint sauce or freshly chopped mint.
- Tip tsp brown sugar
- 1 dessert spoon boiling water
- Heat the oven to 170°C.
- Put the tomatoes (keep tomatoes on the vine if using them), peppers, onion and courgette on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for approx 20-25 minutes.
- Cook the potatoes, drain and mash well.
- Add rice milk if it needs it, and season with the salt.
- Meanwhile combine all dressing ingredients in a lidded container and shake well.
- Make a mini mountain of mashed potato on each plate, spoon over the vegetables.
- Add any leftover oil and juices to the dressing.
- If you've managed to get a strip of vine tomatoes per person, serve these precariously balanced on top of the vegetables.
- Give the dressing a final shake and drizzle over the (now piled high!) mini mountain.
Maybe serve with...
This is lovely just as it is.
But you could serve with something like the herby sausages and minted sugar snap peas. You can also swap the Mediterranean vegetables and mint dressing for root vegetables and serve with the baked cabbage with port and shallot sauce
For those able to eat wheat...
Instead of mini potato mountains, you can make slices of bruscetta, top with the vegetables and tomatoes and drizzle with minted dressing.
If you have leftover peppers, tomatoes and courgettes try the simple ratatouille , Mediterranean skewers or pepper paprikash . If you have courgettes and potatoes leftover, try the canoe of courgette, or if you just have couregttes leftover, try the minted courgette cubes.
Copyright ©2005-2009 Dame Fandango Healthy Inclusive Recipes
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes