quick chicory and walnut salad
This is incredibly quick and easy. And it's really tasty and nutritious too.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- 1 sweet apple (a sweet red, or a pink lady), chopped into slices
- 1-2 tbsp walnuts (whole, halved, crushed - doesn't matter)
- 1 head of chicory, chopped into inch chunks
- Dessert spoon oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix the chicory, apple and walnuts in a bowl - and add the potatoes.
- Mix the dressing together, shake, drizzle over the salad and coat thoroughly
Maybe serve with...
This is delicious on its own as a light supper or lunch - and it's also great with the quick potato salad, beetroot and/or the lemon stuffed vine leaves and/or lemon dressed salad leaves.
For those able to eat wheat...
Serve with thin slices of wholemeal bread and dairy free spread.
If you have walnuts leftover, see banana and walnut welsh cakes.
Copyright ©2005-2009 Dame Fandango Healthy Inclusive Recipes
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes