vegetables | gorgeous quick and easy cauliflower soup
This is a really easy and delicious soup. Lovely with the addition of a sprinkling of chives, except my poor herbs are currently buried under snow!
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- 3 small-medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into chunks (include some leaves if they aren't too straggly)
- 1 pint boiling water
- 4-5 tsp vegetable bouillon
- Tip tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Dessert spoon oil
- Tsp dairy free margarine
- Tbsp chopped chives
- Stick celery, finely chopped
- In a big pan, heat the oil and margarine and a little salt. Add the onions.
- Fry until the onions and beginning to soften, then add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the nutmeg and stir for a minute or two, then add the potato and cauliflower and mix together.
- Add the water and bouillon and boil for 15 minutes, then blitz in a blender.
- Season to taste and serve. This soup is best when left to cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with chives is you have them.
Maybe serve with...
Any type of bread which takes your fancy. Seeded wholemeal/granary ones work really nicely with this soup.
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes