vegetables | spiced aubergine and coconut delight
This is lovely and incredibly easy to make.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- Handful of baby potatoes
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 inch (2½cm) chopped stem ginger
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 oz (25g) creamed coconut dissolved in ¼ pint (150ml) water
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cook the potatoes until nearly ready, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Coat the aubergine cubes in the garam masala.
- Heat the oil and add the aubergine cubes .
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring to stop the aubergines sticking , then add the garlic.
- Stir and cook for a few minutes before adding lime juice, ginger, mango chutney and creamed coconut.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander, stir in and serve.
Maybe serve with...
Ladle over a bed of rice. And you can serve with all manner of side vegetables, if you wish to make it serve 4.
For those able to eat wheat...
Serve with warmed naan bread
If you have creamed coconut leftover, see Maggie B's lethal chocolate cake.If you have aubergine leftover, see the aubergine caponata and rice towers with warm tomato vinaigrette
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes