péché mignon | sweet vanilla sauce
This is a delicious alternative to custard and extremely low fat! It's also a good alternative if you don't want to eat soya.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- ¼ pint (140ml) rice milk
- 2 desert spoons of brown caster sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour mixed with tbsp (or little more) cold water
- 1 vanilla pod
- Place the vanilla pod into the milk and leave for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Add the cornflour and water mixture.
- Stir well. Start to heat gently.
- Add the sugar, stirring regularly to get a smooth sauce.
- Heat until it comes to the boil and thickens.
- Take the vanilla pod out, cut open with a knife and scoop out all the little seeds.
- Add to the sauce and stir well.
- If you get any clumps of vanilla, just crush them with the back of the spoon against the saucepan and it should disperse them.
- Either serve immediately or turn off the heat and reheat when you are ready.
Maybe serve with...
This is gorgeous with the baked apples or apple crumble!
For those able to eat wheat...
This would be lovely for any vegan treacle sponge puddings, pastry tarts or jam roly polys!
If you have rice milk left, see the banana smoothie, the rice pudding, the hot chocolate, the chocolate fudge sauce, or the divine chocolate pots.
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes