péché mignon | warm baked figs with berry sauce
Ced laughed his socks off when I told him about the first time I cooked this one. I'd cooked the figs for about 20 minutes or more, they looked awful and you could have played football with them!
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- 4 figs
- Punnet of raspberries or mixture of raspberries and blackberries
- Dessert spoon icing sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- Any leftover berries, redcurrants, blackcurrants and blueberries.
- Tsp crème de cassis or framboise liqueur
- Heat the oven to 170°C.
- Reserve 4 berries.
- In a pan, dissolve the icing sugar in the water, add the berries, crush with back of the spoon. Add the cassis or framboise and stir.
- Sieve the mixture, retaining the liquid.
- Slit the figs in a cross on the top, place in dish, pour over the liquid, cover and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve the figs on a plate with a raspberry perched in the cross slit. And spoon over some of the juice.
Maybe serve with...
These are lovely on their own, or served with a scattering of other berries.
If you have fruit leftover, see the apple crumble, the jelly cups, the granité, the chocolate pots or the quick fling trifle.
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes