Great Ideas for Treats!
delicious walnut, avocado and date salad
This is a gorgeous salad, which works well with lots of dishes, or as a part of a starter.
Wheat free, dairy free, meat free version...
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 6 dates, quartered lengthways to give you thinish slivers
- 1-2 tbsp walnuts, crushed or pieces
- 2-3 handfuls of salad leaves
- 1 dessert spoon olive oil
- 1 dessert spoon white wine vinegar
- Generous tip tsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice of half a lime
- Put the avocado, dates, walnuts and salad leaves in a bowl, mix gently.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well and drizzle over the salad.
- Coat the salad leaves with the dressing, but don't drown it! I tend to use my hands.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes before serving.
Maybe serve with...
This is gorgeous served with mushroom pate and toasted slices of bread (wheat or wheat free). Or it works equally well with canoe of courgette, aubergine caponata, creamy pashley pasta, baked potatoes, nude squash and roast red onion medley etc.
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes
Fit for schools - offering a brilliant range of holistic health and fitness sessions which are suitable for Primary and Secondary aged children
Other interesting vegan cookery books that we know and love