miscellaneous | salsa
This is a lovely little side dish which suits lots of meals perfectly and is very easy to make.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- ½ cubed red pepper
- 1 finely chopped red onion or spring onions
- 1 big beef tomato/handful little tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Squeeze lime juice
- ½-1 red finely chopped chilli, you can use a chilpotle one to make a chipotle salsa.
- Mix the pepper, onion, and tomato in a bowl.
- Mix the vinegar, oil and chilli in a jar and shake well.
- Stir the dressing and pepper mixture together and leave to infuse.
Maybe serve with...
This works well with lots of dishes such as the fajita feast , lightly spiced chick pea burgers and mini spicy bean burgers - and you can add avocado if you wish .
For those able to eat wheat...
Lovely with tortillas or quesadillas
If you have tomatoes leftover, see the minestrobe soup, mushroom provençal, pepper paprikash, simple ratatouille or Mediterranean skewers
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes