miscellaneous | rosemary roast potatoes
This is just another easy side dish to serve with the vegetable main courses. And they taste absolutely lovely.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- Punnet of firm baby potatoes (not too small lest they tend to shrivel into little cannon balls!)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Dessert- tbsp spoon oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bulb of garlic, separated but with the skins still on the cloves
- Heat the oven to 190ºC.
- Put the oil on a baking tray and heat in the oven until hot.
- Add the potatoes, a little salt and coat well.
- Nestle the rosemary in the potatoes and put back in the oven (if you're using garlic, scatter these between the potatoes, making sure they're coated in oil too).
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until, depending on the size of potato, until soft inside and golden brown on the outside.
- When ready, empty the potatoes into a bowl (you can line it with paper napkins if you wanted to drain off any excess oil).
- Strip the rosemary leaves off and add these too.
- If using garlic, you can either leave them in the skins for people to eat or discard, or pop them out of the skins and mix with the potatoes and rosemary.
- Season with a little more salt if you need to, although rosemary has quite a salty taste. Add pepper and serve.
Maybe serve with...
These are gorgeous with aubergine caponata, pepper paprikash, bean chilli, cannelloni, spicy beanburgers, nude skewers, to name but a few!
If you have potatoes leftover, try the bean chilli, nude skewers and Mexican bean salad .
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes