miscellaneous | beautiful sweet roast pepper salad
Serves 2-4 as a side dish or part of a lunch/dinner
This is a gorgeous dish and keeps in the fridge for 1-2 days too. It's ideal for picnics or buffets, as well as for supper.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- 2 sweet peppers - yellow and/or orange, cut into chunks
- Tbsp or 2 of spring onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes chopped into small cubes
- Tbsp oil
- 1 Tsbp olive oil
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Dessert spoon white wine vinegar
- Tip tsp mustard - you can use English or wholegrain
- Tbsp finely chopped basil (and tbsp chopped oregano if you can get it too)
- Heat the oven to 170 °C.
- Coat the peppers in tbsp oil and roast in oven for 20 mins or so.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes and onions in a bowl
- Mix the dressing
- Add to the tomatoes and onions and mix well.
- When ready, add the peppers and stir well.
- Eat immediately and/or cool and put in fridge.
Maybe serve with...
This is gorgeous with a crisp salad and/or potato or pasta salad for lovely summer evenings - and it's ideal cold for picnics.
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe, please consider making a donation to Dorset Wildlife Rescue