miscellaneous | mushroom pate
Makes 2 portions served in ramekins
This is a gorgeous pate. Again, it's quite difficult to make vegetable pates without cream or cream cheese, but this works really well.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- Tbsp oil
- 10 medium mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Tsp thyme
- 2 tsp tamari
- 3 tbsp chopped spring onions
- Good squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dessert spoon of silken tofu
- 2 dessert spoons of dairy free mayonnaise
- 1 slice of wheat free bread
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, then stir in 2 tbsp of the onions, little squeeze of lemon and the thyme.
- Add tamari at this stage and cook the mushrooms until the juice has come out and disappeared again.
- Put in the blender with the tofu and mayonnaise - blitz!
- Scrape that out of the blender, put into a bowl and add the remaining tsbp of onions.
- Roughly break the bread into the blender and blitz until fine crumbs - this won't take more than a few seconds (don't worry about rinsing the blender out in between, the bread will splatter on the residual pate and it actually helps to get it out!)
- Scrape out the breadcrumbs and residual pate into the mushroom mixture, stir well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice if you wish.
- Transfer into ramekins, cover and chill in the fridge.
Maybe serve with...
Serve on toast which has a thin layer of dairy-free spread.
For those able to eat wheat...
Use a wholemeal or granary wheat bread in the mixture.
If you have leftover silken tofu, see creamy dip. If you have mayonnaise to use up, see creamy pashley pasta, fajitas, avocado mayonnaise and creamy dip.
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes
Virtual Vie Web Design