miscellaneous | minted courgette cubes
These are gorgeous - and currently one of my favourite side dishes. I learned about them at the same time as the lemon dressed salad and bean bruscetta at the Art of Hospitality in London - and am always grateful for finding new things which I can adapt and add to my old favourites.
Wheat free, dairy free, nut free, meat free version...
- 9 courgettes
- 3 tbsp oil
- Handful chopped fresh mint (reserve some for garnish if you wish)
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Halve the courgettes lengthways, then into quarters, then chop into 1½ cm cubes.
- Heat the oil and keep stirring and sautéing the courgettes until browned and tender.
- Take the courgettes out and sauté the garlic until lightly browned.
- Mix the garlic into the courgettes, and add the mint, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and leave to cool for a while before serving.
Maybe serve with...
These work well with the dressed lemon leaves, the aubergine caponata and rosemary roasted potatoes. They also work well with the quick herby tomatoes.
For those able to eat wheat...
Serve topped with toasted croutons.
If you have courgettes leftover, see the nude skewers, the Mediterranean skewers and the canoe of courgette.
Copyright ©2005-2011 Dame Fandango Healthy Vegan Recipes